Monday, December 24, 2007

I've got the fever..."Beaver Fever" that is

After about three weeks of symptoms I made a visit to the doctors office. He felt that the description of my symptoms matched those of giardia and prescribed a couple different drugs to kill the little parasites. The treatment was nearly as bad as the giardia but everything is back to normal. Sadly, I have wanted to experience giardia for some time now... if anyone else has the same dream feel free to give me a call. I would probably suggest that it would be better to be safe than sorry.

I pasted some info about giardia from Wikipedia below:

In humans, infection is symptomatic only about 50% of the time, and protocol for treating asymptomatic individuals is controversial. Symptoms of infection include (in order of frequency) diarrhea, malaise, excessive gas (often flatulence or a foul or sulphuric-tasting belch, which has been known to be so nauseating in taste that it can cause the infected person to vomit), steatorrhoea (pale, foul smelling, greasy stools), epigastric pain, bloating, nausea, diminished interest in food, possible (but rare) vomiting which is often violent, and weight loss.

No comments: