Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Favorite Place to Run...

Generally, I would have to say Fairbanks is my favorite place. The running community here has provided me with lasting relationships, constant motivation and hundreds of hours of recreation. Specifically, I would have to say the trails and roads on Murphy Dome. I guess I am a bit biased since this is where I live, but once ski boots get replaced by running shoes it does not take too much prompting to get people to make the drive out to my place for a nice twelve mile trot. The chosen route this time provides some great views and a soft gravel road. The barbecue and the beers afterward probably don’t hurt either.



After a rather difficult three mile climb you get treated to a great view of the Tannana Hills and a gradual eight mile decent.


Fernie takes a break in the back of her truck after the run.


Sarah, Steve, Michele and Suzanne chat over a beer or two.


Some Alaskan bounty: Copper River Red Salmon, and some Central Arctic Caribou. Yum!



It was nice to have people over for a run and some fun. I would have to say that this marks the start of spring for me.

No comments: